Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sleeping Habits at 2months 3weeks

Its really amazing how Elayna can sleep. She will still wake up around 1plus 2am for night feeds and subsequently for the next few 2 hour intervals she will wake up and want milk. Thank goodness I do breast feeding! Otherwise I would hate the idea of waking up and making a bottle of milk. Now as I type, H(hubby) is changing her diapers. By the way, pampers S size for her is no good for through the night sleeping. I can reccomend a few if anyone is interested to know. Back to my tale.

As daddy is changing her diapers, she has absolutely no reaction to what is going on with the change. She just woke up for a feed and this girl feeds for less than 15mins and she falls asleep and now that daddy is changing her diapers she can still sleep. Its amazing how these little ones can just sleep through things. I can hear her making small noises but her eyes and her legs are totally closed and not moving.

The most amazing part about her is, depending on how active her day was. She sometimes would cry out or laugh in her sleep. Just in the eariler part as she is about to fall into her deep sleep. Sometimes she would smile, laugh out or pout and cry (which usually is resolved very quickly with some soothing words from mommy). She dreams alot and I sometimes wonder what would her dreams entail. Is she playing in her dreams, what if when she cries whats happening and when she smiles, what actually is going on in her little head? I just get so amazed everyday.

But it has been tough lately on getting a proper sleeping schedule for her. Just the other day, we brought her out for dinner and just that one night spoilt 3days worth of routine. Argh!! I just need to sort it out.And make sure that if a routine is set, we have got to keep to it. Right now,its just hovering between getting her to sleep around 7:30 - 8pm or 10 -11pm. Just gotta go trial and error to know what's best for her.

I just realised that its 4 in the morning and H is nagging at me to sleep. I am multi tasking. Facebook, reading forums all at the same time...hahaha...

1 comment:

  1. yo!! pls rest more when theres time! hehe. elaine here! i've linked u in my blog. muahaha

    ReplyDelete