Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Michael Jackson R.I.P 1958 - 2009

Michael Jackson was laid to rest today at 50 years old, it was a sad, sad, sad day for all music fans around the world today.. Like many others around the world, I am watching the memorial and listened to his friends say the good things about him, reminisce his life and their memories of him and sing songs to celebrate and show the world who he really is.

I am sadden that Elayna would never be able to see such an amazing performer ever again. He was the King, he was the world's greatest entertainer, the world bowed at his feet whenever he sang and performed. I remember when I was old enough to know, the first few songs I loved was Michael Jackson's Heal the World. That was the first time I knew that music could be used for good things. When I first learnt that music could have stories, I watched Thriller. I was in a wonderland. As I sing to Elayna each day, although I may not sing the songs I used to sing but I know that one day she will ask me, " Mummy, who sang that ABC song?"

When I first learnt racial divide, I heard Black & White and I learnt that everyone was created equal. Men, women, children, people of different color, people of different languages they are no different. He reminded many people that he was only human and that everyone have every right to be who they are and not be subjected to every single aspect and second of their life under scrutiny in the song Scream with his sister Janet Jackson. It was there I learnt that music can be used to express fear, anger and despair at life as long as we are able to hold firm and stay strong with our family we can be strong.

Will you be there, taught me vulnerability, I am allowed to be vulnerable but hold strong at the same time. His music gave me strength, through the vulnerability that he showed the world, he gave others strength. He was that kind of person. He wore his heart on his sleeve and taught the world how to live through his songs. He was a generous man. He believed in the world and the world believed back.

His music told stories, his music flowed with emotions that filled my soul and taught the world that music can break all walls and barriers. He sang with love, passion, sorrow, anger but never hate. He showed that music could flow with emotions, could be filled with love. That is what I would want to give to Elayna. Music with love and passion that I can ever give her.

I am a fan and I still will even as he passes on. His music, his legacy will live on. I will let Elayna hear his songs, learn the words, sing his songs and share with her what I loved about him and his music. He gave his life for the music, he gave his life to the world. He lives in everyone, for he is everyone. He is the greatest performer and musician that ever lived and this planet had ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment