Thursday, June 11, 2009

Expo Part II

Part 2 of the Expo sale.

Went to Popular sale. I think I was there for nearly 3 hours! Why? Was looking for bargain books for my dear daughter. I know she can't read yet, it would be a good idea to read to her. She likes the sound of people's voices and just by reading to her, she will be very happy. Of course if she is in the mood for it. I bought so many books for her, I do not believe that she should only read those flash cards for her to learn words and all but she should also enjoy a good story. Only thing is she is a TV addict now. Just like my nephews when they were little. They would always need their dose of Barney, Teletubbies, Hi-Five to get through the day. Sorry Tristan, Gareth. But its a fact. I was always the one who had to turn the DVD on for you kids and then you would settle down. But at least Gareth was a little more active. I could sit him in the walker and he would be knocking all over the house..hahahaha.

I bought about 8-10books at the expo for $51. So I think its a bargain cos some of the books are actually compilations with many stories. I even bought quite a few disney stories for her. Talking about that, I know we are not suppose to expose her to TV so soon. But just the other day, when we were watching Monsters, Inc on TV she was laughing quite a few times. Haizzz..

I think the Popular fair was quite good in terms of book selection, especially for kids. But I was looking at laptop bags as well and was fairly disappointed with the selection. The english books i think unless you have a whole day, otherwise don't bother. But I am proud of myself at the popular sale. Instead of being overexcited, I gave myself a budget and stuck to it. I wasn't even near my budget ceiling of $60. So I was very proud of myself.

John Little sale-Seems like ever so often JL has been having sales at the Expo. And the items are quite regular now. H got 2 pairs of shoes at JL sale and he was just telling me that the shoes are kinda not good for his sole. So now I think should look for insoles for H. Wonder where to get some good and inexpensive ones. I used to get from running lab but I don't think thats the type he needs but ergo labs are so ex! Anyway, JL sales are good for going if you have an idea what you want but if you are looking for bargains, no harm looking you may never know what you can find. For myself there, I wanted to get new bras. But since I have a new size I didn't manage to find any suitable ones. Haizzz of course the new size in an increase. But I was looking for those seamless ones. Sheesh. Don't tell me I have to go Marks and Spencers.So ex...but see if they have any sale worth going to. Otherwise, other than getting a new mattress protector for the new sofa bed at gran's. I don't think there was anything else I was really looking at.

Anyway, GSS 09 has been rather quiet. So so quiet...have not been hearing of any good bargains. Anyone has got any ideas where have all the good bargains gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment