Monday, June 8, 2009

Expo-Shopping+Adventure day 6/Jun 09 {Part 1}

Elayna was placed in care at great granma hse so that the maid and great granma, grandma and god granma can play with her and look after her.

Hubby & I went to Toh Guan East where the medela service centre is to get my PIS repaired. Got there around 11.30am, left around 12nn. Very fast.But costs me $65 to get the cover replaced..lucky still under warranty otherwise might have to pay service charge. I can't seem to find the warranty card, lucky still had to receipt. Bought it from KKH FFY. And they did not provide me a original motor cos they brought it in from the US. Thats called parallel importing.

After Toh Guan, left for Expo. The decision to go Expo was due to the fact that there were 3 fairs that I was keen on visiting. Motherhood(went on thu to recce ,Sat going buy), Popular(books galore) and John Little (additional looksee).

Motherhood fair
Walked around again. After visiting the Toh Guan Service Centre, H & I found some interesting items we like to get. A forehead thermometer. Little Elayna does not appreciate us poking at her underarm so we decided that we wanted to get a forehead thermometer. And we wanted to be able to moniter her temp when she sleep as well, without have to poke her underarm. So ya. Got a forehead thermometer from the medela mums & babes booth for $55.90. Perhaps might be abit ex but then again, cheaper than the thermaflash that the polyclinics and hospitals are using. $179! I mean retails at over $230 but special offer at the MH fair. But not really practical for home use. If I have 3-5kids who does nothing but squirm and run about perhaps.hahaha.But since I intend to have 2 kids er..don't really need such a high end one.

Went back to the nestle booth.Found out more about the nestle Nan. Anyone has any comments on it? Is it sweet or anything?Cos Elayna's drinking Friso and its pretty good but dunno lar. The fact that Nestle NAN has this hypoallergic component which reduces allergies would be a good idea. Did not buy more of the rice cereal or gerber as initially thought. M mentioned a good point. What if she does not like the taste. Instead, signed up for Nestle club so that I can know more. H said I was giving away free details again.

Went to the HUGGIES booth. Really liked the 2 for $25 deal there, cos the best deal I saw was from NTUC-2 for $30.45. Bought a mix of 2M 2L and got a free Little Tikes tiger torch.H asked me if Elayna would be scared of it with the sound it makes(a roaring sount) I said nope. And naturally mommy was right. She absolutely loved it! Anyway, bought only 2M and got 2L cos at home we bought 3petpet M70 (3 for $34.65 @ NTUC) and one pureen M84. I think that would be enough to last her for at least 4-6mths I think. Signed up for HUGGIES club, got the recycle bags, Hubby signed up too. They are really big and useful. Now using it as transportation bags for Elayna's stuff from home to Gran and back again.

We walked around again,went to a booth at the end of the hall, bought a neck float for her $14.90 for a small size one which fits 0-24mths. nice.H wanted it. We both wanted to get the tub, but realised that well, our bathroom is kinda small and will be tight so we resisted and got the float instead. Decided that we will bring her go swimming after this H1N1 stablises(will talk more another day).

Bought a set of bodysuits for 12mths(abit kiasu I know) but getting Elayna to wear clothes is like a challenge. She does not like getting dressed. Like now, being 3plus 4mths, she is wearing up to 6mths clothes. And her god granma just got her more clothes for 6-9mths from M&S. So she is well equipped. If you wonder y more bodysuits, cos she perspires easily. And at night rather than t-shirt and shorts she will be more comfy in bodysuits. Short sleeve on that is. Only on nights that are kinda chilly then she will wear the long sleeve ones. Anyway, the 12mths ones are 5 for $15 so 3bucks per pc. Of cos I buy lor.

Bought also the Baby I can read set of flash card books. Cos we have the baby I can read vcd so bought only the books. Will have to let her watch and read also.

Finally I found myself subscribing to Motherhood magazine for 3yrs. I never ever subscribe to such mags (only TIME & RD previously) now I am a bona fide kiasu mom. Just slightly. So that I can read up on the latest, what is the best and what I should be aware of. And working in the related sports/kids enrichment services, gives me an update on what are the things we should be aware of.

The freebies I got and the premiums are quite worthwhile, but not really needed. Shld be selling them away online as well. Posting on some forums soon. As soon as I get to the photo taking again..hai.

Wanted to buy more nursing bras but since I am going back to work and won't be doing much BF thought better of it. Looking for normal bras but w/o the underwire, so difficult for my size. Must budget now.

MH fair was pretty alright. I loved the Nestle, Huggies and the variety of diapers & products available there. But I think there needs to be more
comprehensive & basic items to be cheaper(other than the Nestle was great!). Like Johnson & Johnson's booth wasn't any interesting at all. No great offers like bundled deals. Pigeon was missing from this fair, drypers, and many others.Perhaps babies r us should consider going into these fairs. Even Kidzloft should. But honestly, I was tempted by many things at this fair but luckily I had H to keep me level headed.

Next On..Popular fair..next post!keep a lookout for the bargain mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment