Friday, June 26, 2009

H1N1

Just finished reading the news from CNA and the matter that concerns me the most is the H1N1 situation. Now that we have come up from 19 to 95 in a matter of a day it seems like there is not much we can do to avoid. It will soon become like the common flu.

As a mother of one, I will worry and being in a job that puts me close to people and especially children, hence I am at risk as well. I hope that by being careful and also keeping a lookout for symptoms I can keep myself free from H1N1 and also spreading it to my family and loved ones. Especially baby Elayna. She is only 4 months and I do not want her to be affected and fall sick. When she does, she will become part of the statistics but will there be care and concern? Only from people who love her. My baby girl is my precious and I love her to bits.

When will this infection end? When will Singaporeans be more gracious and more considerate for others and not just themselves. Starting from the most basic of giving up seats for pregnant women and elderly (by the way when I was pregnant, I took MRT about 6 times and only 2 times strangers offered me their seats). That is terrible. Especially for those young women out there, if you are ever pregnant, I hope you think back on that time when you did not give up your seat to that pregnant women you saw. you understand how it feels like, how physically demanding it is and y do not want anyone to squash you.

Be considerate, put on a mask if sick. On another hand, I wonder if I have flu-like symptoms I wonder what will happen at work...sheesh.....nites!

No comments:

Post a Comment